For almost two decades, I worked as a computer programmer. My programming skills make me an exceptional editor since code syntax has to be perfect. If there’s a missing period, extra space, or a wrong character, the program will crash. Years of experience have given me the ability to spot copy edit errors immediately.
When designing large, complex business programs, every detail had to be in sync with hundreds of other details in order to create a perfectly working, seamless program. To be successful, I had to concurrently envision “the forest and the trees.” This has made me an excellent substantive editor, since I can keep in mind all of the details as well as the entire story simultaneously while editing.
I’m an avid reader who appreciates a well-written, captivating book. I enjoy partnering with writers to encourage them, support them, and make sure their manuscript is perfectly polished while their unique voice rings true.
• Loving God, obeying Jesus, following the Holy Spirit.
• Voraciously reading Christian books (fiction and nonfiction).
• Editing and polishing books so they come alive!
• Spending quality time with family and friends.
• Helping and encouraging others in every way I can.
• Being outdoors, especially in the mountains or at the ocean.
• Photography and videography—there is so much beauty everywhere!
• Writing, recording, and performing original songs.
• Teaching college computer classes, Bible classes, writing classes.
• Actively participating in my church.
• Enjoying God’s surprises and blessings in my life. He orchestrates all the details of my life in amazing ways I could have never imagined!