So you’ve written your heart out, poured sweat and tears into every word, and now you’re ready to show your masterpiece to the world!
Wait—first it needs to be reviewed by an editor. My name is Lora, and I can help you polish your work to perfection: I will read your writing with a fresh perspective, eliminate any substantive or copy errors, and make sure your unique voice resonates clearly with your audience. My goal is to be sure every aspect of your writing is exemplary, keeping in mind the following:
“Four basic premises of writing: clarity, brevity, simplicity, and humanity.”
~ William Zinsser from On Writing Well
My editing skills include:
• Substantive and copy editing
Novels (any age group), novellas, nonfiction books, short stories, synopses, book proposals, etc.
• Copy editing
Articles, blogs, websites, business documents, etc.
• Rewriting and simplifying text
• Manuscript evaluation/critique
Note: I use the Chicago Manual of Style, Sixteenth Edition.
Books I highly recommend for authors:
1) Self-Editing for Fiction Writers by Renni Browne & Dave King
2) Grammar for Fiction Writers (A Busy Writer’s Guide) by Chris Saylor and Marcy Kennedy
3) Mastering Showing and Telling in Your Fiction (A Busy Writer’s Guide) by Marcy Kennedy
4) How to Write Dialogue (A Busy Writer’s Guide) by Marcy Kennedy
5) Rivet Your Readers with Deep Point of View by Jill Elizabeth Nelson
6) The Emotion Thesaurus: A Writer’s Guide to Character Expression by Angela Ackerman & Becca Puglisi